Unity’s Five Basic Principles for Children
- 1. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- 2. I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
- 3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- 4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- 5. I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.
Living Curriculum Philosophy
Unity’s Living Curriculum philosophy affirms that the curriculum is not within any book or guide, but rather lives within the children themselves. Myrtle Fillmore, co-founder of Unity, was the inspiration for this foundational belief. Myrtle saw each child live the Truth principles through his or her own soul’s unfoldment.
As spiritual educators, we are here to guide our children and youth on their spiritual journey and to help them to recognize their own Divine nature. In the words of Myrtle Fillmore, “We are here not to entertain the children, but to call them out.”