Unity Eastern Region Needs You!
Are you looking for an exciting Communications position working for a non-profit faith-based regional organization? Interested in working virtually, setting your own hours, and helping to create and promote positive spiritual messaging for our region?
Unity Worldwide Ministries Eastern Region seeks a Communications Specialist to work remotely.
Unity provides a philosophy that is spiritual, not religious; and love-based, not fear-based. In our practice:
- We honor all pathways to God.
- We believe in making a positive difference in the world.
- We offer practical, spiritual teachings that empower abundant, meaningful living.
- We offer a positive path for spiritual living.
- We provide a positive alternative to negative religious experiences.
- We are inclusive, questioning and open-minded.
Responsibilities of the Communications Specialist Will Include:
- Build, maintain and promote profiles for our organization on:
- And all other social networking sites as deemed appropriate
- Collaborate with the Eastern Region President, Communications Team, Executive Administrator, and KWIRX Creative to develop Communications priorities and strategies.
- Implement and maintain Communications approved Communications plans.
- Provide coaching and support to member ministries in Communications and interfacing with the Eastern Region website.
- Communicate with KWIRX Creative on creating a training schedule on the UER website
- Implement and monitor approved social media ad campaigns
- Monitor and respond to site requests such as Ministry Profile & Resource requests
- After sufficient training, create events for YFM Webinars and LUT Connection calls annually
Additionally, you will be responsible for sending a weekly report, answering the following questions
- What tasks did you make progress on or complete that day?
- What challenges or obstacles did you encounter?
- What questions do you have?
Qualifications We Are Looking For In Our Communications Specialist
- Applicants for this position should demonstrate experience in Public Relations, Communications, Business, Journalism, News Media or Communications with experience on the Web.
- Must be a responsible, creative, articulate, personable and organized self-starter.
- The applicant should possess excellent writing and communications skills, be detail-oriented and be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Experience with WordPress is desired, but not required
Additional Qualifications We Are Seeking:
- Background in Unity and understanding of Unity Principles preferred.
- Proactive go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, positive can-do attitude and work ethic that is hands-on
- Strong people skills
- Willingness to do cold calls and emails
- Confident attitude about the value of the work
- Strong presentation in following-up with contacts
- Candidate will work in a highly confidential environment and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Honesty, hard work and willingness to develop new skills sets while managing schedules and due dates.
Hours + Salary:
- Approximately 10 hours per month, paid at a rate to be determined.
- Position available immediately
You will report directly to the President of the Eastern Region and Executive Administrator.
If you are interested in a position:
- With a faith-based organization committed to providing humankind with dynamic spiritual tools for finding inner peace
- With a faith-based organization that offers practical teachings to help people live healthy, prosperous and meaningful lives
- With a faith-based organization that honor all pathways to God
this is DEFINITELY for you!
If you are looking for:
- A stuffy office environment
- A “big” company
- Somebody looking over your shoulder every 5 minutes
Then this position is NOT for you, please do not apply.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.